Invest in Community, Environment, Education
Deep In The Archives: an ILACSD fundraiser with Aaron Chang Photography
Thursday July 30, 5:30pm - 8pm
Culture Brewing Co OB Tasting Room, 4845 Newport Ave, SD 92107
On Thursday July 30, we are teaming up with Culture Brewing Co. and Aaron Chang for a one-of-a-kind photo exhibition. World renowned local photographer, Aaron Chang, has combed his archives for some rarely seen images that capture the best that our coast has to offer. The event is free and the tasting room is both kid and dog friendly, so bring the whole family! 25% of all beer sales that night go back to support ILACSD's pollution prevention programs. And we'll be raffling off some great stuff, including some Aaron Chang originals! No need to RSVP, just show up! Invite your friends via our Facebook event page.
Summer Social & Fundraiser
Thursday August 20, 5:30pm - 8pm
Bottles & Wood, 5039 Shawline Street, SD 92111
Celebrating I Love A Clean San Diego’s Executive Director Pauline Martinson as she marks 10 years with the organization. Join ILACSD staff, board, and volunteers to celebrate this achievement, as well as the growth of the organization over the last decade. From 5 staff and a $500,000 budget, to 15 staff and a $1.2 million annual budget, it’s clear that Pauline has the recipe for success. Join us on Thursday August 20th as we raise a glass and cheers to 10 years! Tickets are just $10 and available for purchase online!
The event will be held at Bottles & Wood, a unique local business that specializes in creating upcycled jewelry, glassware and home decor - all made from empty bottles. You can get in on the upcycling too by bringing an empty bottle with you. Check out the complete list of bottles that they accept, and don't be shy about bringing your own (empty) bottle.
Save the Date: Fall Social 2015
Saturday October 17, 3:30pm- 6:30pm
Coaster Terrace at Belmont Park, 3146 Mission Blvd, SD 92109
Save the date for this year’s Fall Social happening Saturday, October 17th at Belmont Park’s Coaster Terrace. Overlooking Mission Beach, you’ll be able to take in the sights and sounds of San Diego’s beloved coastline while getting to know other eco-minded ILACSD supporters. Come join our staff, board, and volunteers for a causal afternoon enjoying delicious, complimentary food, live music, local craft beer and wine, and not to mention the chance to win amazing prizes from local businesses! In addition, each guest will receive a complimentary ticket to ride the iconic Belmont Park rollercoaster. Events like the Fall Social help to support education, resources and community involvement opportunities that protect our local environment.
Shop at Amazon Smile to Support ILACSD!
Amazon Smile allows ILACSD supporters to give back without breaking the bank! Purchase your holiday gifts or every day items on Amazon Smile and a portion of your purchase will go directly back to our pollution prevention programs - it's that easy! Simply click here to get started! Current Amazon users can log in with your normal Amazon information. For more information & FAQs, click here!
Would you give $20, $50 or $100 to ensure your family and friends can enjoy clean beaches and trails year-round? Your support of I Love A Clean San Diego restores our community and changes the way people treat our local environment.
$50 - Provides supplies to stencil 50 storm drains with pollution prevention messages
$100 - Funds the materials to conduct a community cleanup
$250 - Educates 100 students on the importance of environmental protection
Donate online using your credit or debit card:
Or download and complete the Donation Form and mail it along with a check or money order to:
I Love A Clean San Diego
2508 Historic Decatur Rd, Ste. 150
San Diego, CA 92106
Employer Matching Gifts
Does your employer match donations? If you're not sure you can ask your Human Resources department or contact us and we'd be happy to help you figure it out. Matching gifts are an easy way to make your donation go even further!
Click to view our Guidestar profile.
Why Support I Love A Clean San Diego?
Our organization’s efforts have a major impact on the San Diego community. Here are some of our accomplishments in 2014:
WasteFreeSD.org: Our one of a kind hotline and database, WasteFreeSD.org fielded close to 14,000 requests for recycling information. Without this vital resource, residents would be left with nowhere to turn for recycling and proper disposal of hazardous items. This diverts countless amounts of waste from San Diego’s landfills, and prevents illegal dumping in our communities.
- Community Cleanups: We coordinated more than 28,000 volunteers last year to remove nearly 500,000 pounds of trash and recyclables from San Diego’s beaches, waterways, canyons, and parks. This debris is a threat to public health, wildlife, and the natural ecosystems in San Diego.
- Environmental Education: We empowered over 31,000 youth and adults in San Diego to make a positive impact on their environment. We know that youth hold the key to the environmental future of our community and our planet. Education provides inspiration to change their behaviors, helping minimize our community’s ecological footprint.
Click here to download our 2014 Annual Report to learn more about ILACSD's impact in your community.
Ways to Support ILACSD
- Donate. Make an online donation or send a check by mail.
- Sponsor an event. Encourage your employer to partner with ILACSD for one of our programs, or sponsor an ILACSD event. Contact Morgan Justice-Black for more details.
- Make an in-kind donation. We often need cleanup supplies, volunteer prizes, or office supplies. Contact Morgan Justice-Black for in-kind sponsorship opportunities.
- Purchase ILACSD merchandise. We sell I Love A Clean San Diego sweatshirts, t-shirts, water bottles, reusable bags and more! Check them out in our online gallery and contact us to purchase. These items raise funds for our programs and help spread our environmental message in the community.
- Volunteer. We coordinate monthly volunteer events and have numerous volunteer programs that allow you to make a difference in your community. Visit our Volunteer Page or contact Lexi Ambrogi for more information.