If you are looking to get involved in an environmental nonprofit, build your resume and give back to your community, apply to be an I Love A Clean San Diego intern! ILACSD recruits Interns each semester to work alongside our staff at various cleanups, community events and assist with office and marketing tasks.
What interns are saying:
A great united group to work with... you guys rock! - Bri Lobato, Marketing Intern, 2013
The program allows interns to be involved with events and [you gain] very hands-on experience. - Barbara Lopez, Outreach Intern, 2009-2011
After working for this organization for a few months it has become clear to me that our contributions are making a BIG difference and that we are providing a valuable service to the community...I am glad that I chose to work for this organization and I would recommend it to others in the future! - Nick Gatelein, Community Events Intern, 2011
Everyone I worked with was very friendly and appreciative. I always liked knowing my efforts were worth it. - Carolyn Richter, Intern, 2010
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Unpaid Internship
6-15 hours per week, including weekend events, during the course of a semester.
The Community Events Intern will support the Community Events Department and will coordinate logistics and volunteers associated with all community events, including countywide beach, inland, and community cleanups, and volunteer programs.
Specific Duties Include:
• Assist with coordination of ILACSD’s community events and volunteer events and programs
• Manage Community Events supplies, inventory, purchasing, proper and timely storage
• Respond to volunteer inquiries including check in and checkout of supplies
• Coordinate and attend community cleanups and events
• Work with Development & Marketing Department to market community events including collateral and website updates
• Fostering positive relationships with community groups, local media, elected officials, and other parties who can assist ILACSD in fulfilling its mission and supply funding.
• Professional and accurate representation of ILACSD
• Assist other departments as needed.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Commitment to working in a team environment
• Ability to interact with diverse groups of people
• Effective communication skills for diverse audiences
• Knowledge of environmental challenges facing San Diego County
• Reliable transportation
• Weekend availability
• Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Lexi Ambrogi at email@example.com