I know what you’re thinking…someone please spare me from another voting campaign!
While the November elections might be over for some, things are just heating up for us here at I Love A Clean San Diego. We’ve been selected as one of eight environmental nonprofits battling it out for a $25,000 donation from San Diego Gas & Electric. That’s right, we’ve got a 1 in 8 shot to win enough money to educate an additional 4,000 kids this school year! But we need your help to get there!
Yes, I understand your slight fatigue from being asked day after day to participate in someone’s online voting campaign. Whether it’s cutest baby (ok, we get it, you think that your kid is the cutest one out there), to pet of the week, to talent competitions, there is no lack of requests for online voting. In fact, even the term “voting” makes me slightly nauseous after enduring months of campaigning leading up to the November 6th election.
First way to vote:
1. Visit this link
2. Type the text into the box as prompted.
3. Scroll down to ILACSD’s video (top row on right), and click on the bubble next to the word “vote”
4. Then scroll back up to the text box that you typed into and click the box labeled “vote” in the grey shaded area.
If you have Facebook, there is a second way to vote:
1. Go to the Earth8 Facebook page and “like” their page
2. Click on this link to go to the voting page
3. Follow directions 2-4 from above.
Remember, you can vote once a day from now until December 6th!
And in case you need a little more encouragement, take it from this guy who at 8 years old is pretty insistent on saving the environment. At an ILACSD cleanup he told one of our staff members “You know, I would risk my life if it meant a greener earth!” We aren’t asking you to risk your life, just take a few moments of your time to vote for ILACSD every day!