Today’s post comes from ILACSD’s Development & Marketing Coordinator, Jessica Green!
As we wrap up this last day of 2012, we thought we’d take a look back at what you guys thought were our most interesting blog posts from the last year. We’re also getting ready to announce some really exciting totals from the year, including how many thousands of pounds of trash you helped us clean up from all across San Diego – but we’re going to make you wait a few more days for those 🙂
In the mean time, for your reading pleasure check out our top 10 blog posts from 2012 below! And don’t forget, today is the last day to get in your tax-deductible donations in 2012. Every donation to I Love A Clean San Diego is an investment in your community.
Let’s start 2013 with a cleaner San Diego – Donate Today!
2012’s Hot Topics:
- Gas Station Sushi? Littering is Wrong Too! – This new tongue-in-cheek anti-litter campaign got the most attention from our readers in 2012!
- From Surfboards to Wine Corks, Your Summer Recycling Guide! – Make a resolution in 2013 to use our one-stop recycling resource for San Diego, WasteFreeSD.org, before you throw out anything in your house!
- Stopping Cigarette Litter, One Butt at a Time – If you’ve ever volunteered at one of our cleanups, you know cigarette butts are the #1 item we pick up. This post shows you one way we’re doing something about that.
- Local Students Defend the Sea at Kids Ocean Day 2012 – Arguably the coolest event we had all year! 1,000 students and volunteers sent a message to San Diegans that we must ‘Defend the Sea’
- Let the Rain do the Watering! – This guest post from our friends at City of San Diego, Think Blue tells you all about the city’s rain barrel rebate program and why rain barrels are good for your yard and the environment!
- New Recycling Regulations for Businesses & Multi-Family Properties – A new law went into affect this year requiring businesses to start recycling their waste, we give you the low down on the new requirements and resources for local businesses to help them meet them.
- Lights, Camera, Action! – Our first ever Sony Volunteer In Action photo contest at our Creek to Bay Cleanup was a big hit! Click here to see our winner.
- Local Photographer Highlights City Heights Cleanups – Chuck Hansen decided he wanted to use his volunteer time a little differently this year. He set out to capture our volunteers as they cleaned up his old neighborhood.
- Why Should You Recycle Your Used Oil Filter? – Because it could have up to 10 ozs. of motor oil still in it! We give you the why and where to recycle your used oil filter.
- Volunteer Spotlight: Bob and Jan Rogers – We don’t like to play favorites here at ILACSD, but these two are pretty amazing volunteers!
Have a happy and safe New Year from all of us here at I Love A Clean San Diego!