When you’re rushing to get ready for work in the morning, how often do you run out of the house and forget to adjust the thermostat when you know no one will be home?
Or have you ever been at work already when SDG&E announces a Reduce Your Use alert, and you can’t get those savings because you won’t be home?
In this summer heat, wouldn’t it be great to come home to a nice cool house without having to run the air conditioning all day?
Now you can! With SDG&E’s new Reduce Your Use Thermostat, you’ve got the freedom to adjust the temperature in your home whenever and wherever you are – right from your phone or mobile device. And until July 25th, there is an added incentive – you can get this new thermostat for free, and benefit ILACSD!
Not only can you control your new programmable thermostat remotely, on Reduce Your Use days, it can help you earn an even higher credit by allowing your air conditioner to cycle or be raised 4 degrees.
Here’s how it works:
- To see if your home qualifies for this offer, visit sdge.com/thermoenroll and use the promo code ‘CleanSD’ between now and July 25th.
- ILACSD earns $20 for each completed form using our promo code during the promotional period (Note: If you find out you aren’t eligible, you can still sign up for Reduce Your Use notifications and complete this short survey. ILACSD will receive $5!)
- SDG&E will review your application and if you are approved, you will be contacted by a contractor who will install your new thermostat, and show you how to use it, at no cost to you!
Want to know more about the Reduce Your Use Thermostat? Check out SDG&E’s website for the full run down: http://www.sdge.com/residential/reduce-your-use-thermostat
Requirements for the Reduce Your Use Thermostat:
- Must be an SDG&E account holder in good standing.
- Must be a homeowner (offer not available to renters at this time).
- Must have a central air conditioning unit.
- Must NOT be currently receiving the Medical Baseline discount.
Not eligible for the thermostat? Sign up for a Reduce Your Use notification to be eligible for bill credits for conservation on hot days. After you enroll, complete this quick questionnaire to be entered into a drawing to win a 3-pack of LED light bulbs.