Results Begin to Come in for 37th Annual International Coastal Cleanup Day in San Diego County SAN DIEGO COUNTY (Saturday, Sept. 18, 2021) – Volunteers came out in force today with I Love A Clean San Diego (ILACSD) for the 37th annual International Coastal Cleanup Day in San Diego County. There were 5,970 registered volunteers … Continued
Outreach Assistant II – Tagalog Language
I Love A Clean San Diego’s Outreach Assistant will support the Community Programs, Education, Recycling, and Marketing departments to implement programs, events and activities. Duties will include attending events, booths, and cleanups throughout San Diego County.
Reports to: Recycling Programs Manager
Type of Employment: On-Call hourly, non-exempt; estimated two shifts per week
Pay Range: $18 to $25 per hour, DOE.
The City of San Diego is partnering with The Recycling Partnership and I Love A Clean San Diego (ILACSD) to develop multicultural engagement models for multi-family apartment and condo community recycling programs to help make recycling more equitable across San Diego and improve recycling participation from residents. The City and ILACSD will carry out a Multi-family Recycling Outreach pilot project to test out recycling education and outreach methods at fifteen San Diego apartment properties. ILACSD is looking to hire a bilingual Outreach Team Member who can fluently speak and write in English, with Tagalog as a second language. The Outreach Team Members will conduct door-to-door recycling outreach providing residents multilingual recycling information and distributing free recycling brochures and collection tote bags. Tasks will also include translating and transcribing outreach documents, email communication and phone calls. The outreach will be conducted June – July 2021 Mondays – Thursdays in the late afternoon and early evening. There will be an opportunity to extend work beyond this timeframe. Team members are also able to add additional outreach activities per availability, including attending fairs, festivals, and public events to promote sustainability, as well as support ILACSD staff at community cleanup events.
- Team member must be fluent in English, but also be able to fluently speak and write in Tagalog in order to have advanced conversations and translate documents with the ability to explain recycling and government requirements, programs and scientific terms. Language fluency assessment will be included in the screening process.
- Must have a flexible schedule June – July 2021, Mondays through Thursdays, 3:00 PM – 8:30 PM.
- Have reliable transportation and ability to travel within San Diego.
- Have access to a cell phone and frequent access to a computer, required to respond to staff emails within 48 hours. Complete timecards and mileage reimbursement within biweekly and monthly due dates.
- Must be able to professionally perform work representing the City of San Diego’s recycling programs and I Love A Clean San Diego.
- Have excellent customer service skills, outgoing, positive attitude, engaging, confident in-person communication with others. Comfortable speaking in front of large or small groups, and effective communication skills and experience with diverse audiences.
- Ability to stand and walk for a long period of time, and ability to lift 30-40 LBS.
- Interest and knowledge about the environment or recycling
- Can perform other duties as assigned.
- Resume required.
- Previous outreach, presentation and customer service experience.
- Willing to work weekend outreach events and cleanups.
HOW TO APPLY:
If interested in applying, send resume and cover letter as PDF to Natalie Roberts-DeCarli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No calls please.
I Love A Clean San Diego provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, age, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, caregiver status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.