Over 98,000 pounds of litter removed in 2023!
List of site options will be available when registration opens on Friday August 30th 2024. Interested in being a Site Captain? Email our Regional Programs Coordinator, Lance Mann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Over 269,000 volunteers and 5 million pounds of litter and debris removed since 1985.
I Love A Clean San Diego has served as the official organizer of Coastal Cleanup Day in San Diego County since it was founded in 1985. San Diego’s Coastal Cleanup Day is a major part of the International Coastal Cleanup, which is facilitated by The Ocean Conservancy and organized statewide by the California Coastal Commission! The International Coastal Cleanup includes many U.S. states, territories, and over 70 countries. In California, data is reported to the California Coastal Commission and funneled into the world’s largest marine database. By volunteering for Coastal Cleanup Day in San Diego, you are joining hundreds of thousands of volunteers all over the world to remove pollution from our ecosystems!
By 2050, there could be more plastic than fish by weight in the world’s oceans if we don’t defend our waterways from litter
Because we LOVE where we live
Anyone can do it! Volunteer as an individual, with friends and family or as a corporate team. All ages welcome.
Corporate partnership is critical to sustaining these vital events that protect our waterways and marine life. Our partnerships are turnkey and create excellent employee volunteer opportunities. Check out our Sponsorship Deck for more information on how to get support this event today!
You can sign up as a volunteer at our more than 100 cleanup sites throughout the County. Complete cleanup site list will be posted on September 1 when registration opens.
I Love A Clean San Diego is proud to offer scout troops and interested volunteers a commemorative patch to recognize your volunteerism and participation!
Thank you to our 2023 Coastal Cleanup Day Partners
Exclusive Radio Partner
In Partnership With
- Volunteering on the day – choose from any of the cleanup sites around the county
- Volunteering to be a site captain and lead the cleanup yourself for members of the public
- Donating – financial support or giveaways/supplies for our volunteers
- Sponsoring the event
- Promoting the event and spreading the message
- Registered for the event through I Love A Clean San Diego’s Community Hub.
- Participate in the cleanup
- Capture a photo of your active participation in the cleanup
- Log your hours and complete the logbook survey post cleanup through your profile on Community Hub (this is where you can request a Letter of Appreciation)
- Site captains will also have a hard copy available on site upon request.