Saturday, April 20, 2024
Who: A family-friendly event. Join some thousands of volunteers from many locations around San Diego County.
What: The largest cleanup in San Diego County for Earth Week!
Where: Cleanup sites around San Diego County.
About Creek to Bay
Founded in 2002 by I Love A Clean San Diego, the Creek to Bay Cleanup shares the honor with Coastal Cleanup Day as one of the largest single-day environmental action events in San Diego County.
By 2050, there could be more plastic than fish by weight in the world’s oceans if we don’t defend our waterways from litter
Because we LOVE where we live
Anyone can do it! Volunteer as an individual, with friends and family or as a corporate team.
If you would like to join the community of businesses that support this event, please contact Veronica Flores, VFlores@cleansd.org
Support from local jurisdictions
Exclusive Radio Partner
- Volunteering on the day – choose from any of the cleanup sites around the county
- Volunteering to be a site captain and lead the cleanup yourself for members of the public
- Donating – financial support or giveaways/supplies for our volunteers
- Sponsoring the event
- Promoting the event and spreading the message
- Select “Group” when you click the blue sign up button on your specific location’s webpage.
- In the pop up box type under the instructions select the group you want to register by their name.
- Next put your group size (including yourself).
- In Step 3 if the information looks good select “Reserve and Invite”.
- The URL link should be shared with all the members of your group that you just registered for that event (send it over email or Facebook message). If you get emailed any more information about the event it is your responsibility to forward that information to your group members.
- If more or less of your group members will be coming to the event you can adjust the numbers by going back to the “Dashboard” page and scrolling down to your “Upcoming Schedule”.
- Find the event you want to adjust and click on the “Change Group Info” link to prompt the original pop up box to appear. Change the information you need to by clicking through the steps and adjusting the values you put in originally. You can also remove your group and yourself if needed.
- Registered for the event through I Love A Clean San Diego’s Community Hub.
- Participate in the cleanup
- Capture a photo of your active participation in the cleanup
- Log your hours and complete the logbook survey post cleanup through your profile on Community Hub (this is where you can request a Letter of Appreciation)
- Site captains will also have a hard copy available on site upon request.