Did you know that 40 percent of the food grown, processed, and transported in the U.S. currently goes to waste? The City of San Diego’s new curbside organics waste recycling program will help divert organics waste and turn it in into compost and mulch.
Join one of our Organics Waste Recycling webinars to learn about the mandatory program, what it means for the City of San Diego residents, and how to do it at home, including:
- How to reduce food waste in the kitchen through meal planning and food storage
- How to properly dispose of food waste through the curbside organics waste recycling program
- What types of waste can be put in the organics waste recycling bin
- Why it’s so important to divert organic waste from our landfills
Attend a live webinar to get your questions answered by a representative from the City of San Diego Environmental Services Department.
Organics Waste Recycling Workshop – March 15 – Register Here
Participants that cannot attend live are encouraged to register to receive the recording of the webinar and additional resources. Thank you to the City of San Diego Environmental Services Department for sponsoring this event.
- City of San Diego Organic Waste Recycling Webpage
- Curbside Organic Waste Recycling Guide (English)
- Green Bin Cart Tag Important Notice (English)
- Organic Waste Recycling Steps (English)
The Curbside Organic Waste Recycling Guide, Green Bin Cart Tag Notice, and Organics Waste Recycling Steps PDFs are available in Spanish, Tagalog, and Vietnamese on the City of San Diego Environmental Services website.