Join I Love A Clean San Diego and the County of San Diego for a litter cleanup in Flinn Springs! We will divert litter from traveling through the San Diego River watershed.
You can participate in this cleanup in 2 ways: In-person with us at our meeting location, or remotely in your neighborhood. Here are some ground rules:
In-Person Cleanups: Our staff will be set-up with a check-in table, disposable supplies, and plenty of hand sanitizer at this cleanup meeting location (see address in Option #1).
- Join us there at 9am for a brief kick-off, sign a liability waiver, grab some disposable supplies, and help us clean up the area!
- We can sort, weigh, and dispose of the litter you collect, and when you are finished you can request a Letter of Appreciation through your Community Hub dashboard.
- This in-person will also feature a service project to remove invasive plants from the Los Coches Creek – help us keep the path clear and remove litter from the creek.
- Our in-person cleanups are limited to 50 volunteers, and we ask that you give other volunteers 6+ ft. of space and wear a mask if you are unvaccinated.
You can sign up for the in-person cleanup below in Option #1. Please register to receive important preparation details via e-mail.
Remote Cleanups: If you are not able to join us in-person, join us remotely! Pick-up litter around your neighborhood Saturday morning and report your totals online.
- When you sign-up we will e-mail you resources so you can watch our kick-off video before you start your cleanup. Grab some reusable gloves and a bucket from around your house and go for a walk somewhere you want to make an impact.
- Invite some friends to make it a neighborhood effort, and sort and dispose of litter in your household bins. Take a few photos and write down your litter totals.
- When you are all done, report your litter totals in our Volunteer Impact Map so we can verify your service, and go to your Community Hub dashboard to receive a Letter of Appreciation.
- Please give other volunteers 6+ ft. of space and wear a mask if you are unvaccinated.
You can sign up for the remote cleanup below in Option #2. Please register to receive important preparation details via e-mail.
DISCLAIMER: By participating in a cleanup, you agree I Love A Clean San Diego is NOT responsible for any injury suffered and you waive any claim arising from participation in the event.
I agree to read and follow all of the safety protocols for this event.