People have been burying waste throughout our existence, but have you ever wondered where your waste goes after throwing it into the bin? This two (2) hour bus tour will give City of San Diego residents a sneak peek into what really happens when you dispose of waste and debunk the myth of “throwing something away”.
Join I Love A Clean San Diego to better understand how your daily actions impact the Miramar Landfill and the City of San Diego’s goal to reach zero waste by 2040. You will not only learn about the importance of zero waste, but also be given the tools on how to get there. Other tour highlights include the Allan Company Recycling Facility, the Greenery and the Household Hazardous Waste Transfer Facility.
This event is available for City of San Diego residents ONLY! As a safety precaution, long pants and close-toed shoes are REQUIRED. A signed waiver will be required at the start of the tour. This tour is not recommended for children under 12 years of age. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Parking and Pickup/Dropoff Location (carpooling highly encouraged):
Metro Biosolids Center, 5240 Convoy St, San Diego, CA 92111
- March 30th – 9:00 am – 11:00 am – Register Here
- April 12th – 9:00 am – 11:00 am – Register Here
- May 2nd – 9:00 am – 11:00 am – Register Here
- June 8th – 9:00 am – 11:00 am – Register Here
Don’t have a print? No worries! We will have a copy at the event that you can sign, all participants are REQUIRED to sign a waiver.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do I have to be a City of San Diego resident to attend?
- Yes, this is only for City of San Diego residents at this time.
- Can my children come?
- It is highly recommended that participants are at least 12 years old and up.
- Do I need to sign multiple waivers?
- Yes, it is required that all participants sign both waivers.
- What should I bring?
- Closed toed shoes and long pants are REQUIRED.
If you have any additional questions please email: email@example.com
Note: If there is rain the day of the event or severe weather the days leading up to the event, the tour will be rescheduled or canceled. If needed, registrants will receive electronic communication as soon as possible before the event.