Marketing Communications Coordinator
Marketing – Public Relations – Digital Media
Help us inspire environmental stewardship, as we work to improve the health and beauty of San Diego County. I Love A Clean San Diego is passion in action. If you have a passion for the environment, are looking for a career in nonprofit marketing and have the desire to further develop our brand, we want to meet you.
The Marketing Coordinator will develop, disseminate and maintain a variety of traditional and digital communications strategies to aid in volunteer recruitment, event promotion, fundraising and increasing brand awareness for the organization across San Diego County. This staff member will be responsible for assisting in the production and management of the organization’s overall marketing strategy, working collaboratively with the Community Programs (volunteering), Education and Waste Recovery teams. The role develops and disseminates content for external public consumption.
DEPARTMENT: Marketing and Philanthropy
REPORTS TO: Director of Philanthropy and Marketing
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-time, non-exempt
PAY RATE: $20.00/hour, and mileage reimbursement at current CA rate for event travel only
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Develop and implement marketing strategy for various programs and fundraising campaigns, and monitor success/growth.
- Track and analyze engagement rates on all digital platforms, generate monthly reports to make meaningful adjustments to increase engagement.
- Lead social media strategy on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn Google My Business posts.
- Assist with media outreach, press releases, media advisories and pitches.
- Manage online events calendar an online events through our platform Classy.
- Oversee execution of content development and distribution on all social media channels, through email and on multiple websites hosted by I Love A Clean San Diego.
- Lead implementation of newsletter communication strategy, properly segmenting audiences and promotional strategy to continuously improve email marketing.
- Brand development – product, collateral and digital presence – oversee/provide input on all outgoing communications – slide decks, flyers, volunteer emails, products, events and more.
- Manage continuous improvement of current website(s) and project manage future site development.
- Conceptualize and develop printed collateral e.g. fliers and brochures as needed.
- Partnership development – outline “partnerships” that are mutually beneficial – leverage book of business, brands, and community champion, local leaders.
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Public Relations or related field, and at least 1-2 years direct, full time work experience for an agency or internal marketing role. Internships are valued, but will not be counted as “direct full time experience.”
- Emphasis on skills related to digital marketing.
- Ability of write clear and compelling articles.
- Experience in marketing and communications strategy, analytics and project management.
- Technology – Strong foundation in the following (or closely related) platforms: Mail Chimp, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite and/or Canva, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Analytics, Google My Business and Classy. We are not looking for web developer level talent with WordPress, but must be familiar with editing and updating the CMS.
- Outstanding written and spoken communication skills – Associated Press writing style a plus. **Please provide ONE article/blog as a writing sample.
- Event coordination/management and promotion.
- Creative thinker – provide practical solutions.
- Self-starter and independently motivated.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Commitment to working in a team environment, strong interpersonal skills.
- Passion for the environment; knowledge of environmental issues.
- Spanish language a plus but not required.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Paid time off (PTO) plan – 10 work days (accrued years 1-3 after 90 days)
- Employer-sponsored health (HMO) and dental plans (PPO)
- Generous paid holiday schedule
- 403b plan (with matching after 90 days)
- Hybrid work schedule (remote and in office)
I Love A Clean San Diego is a values-driven organization so it is essential all team members exhibit ILACSD’s following core values and office culture:
- Live the mission
- Inspire environmental change
- Value partnerships
- Exhibit positive attitude
- Communicate openly to ensure collaboration
- Understanding and supportive of each other and the team
- Respect others and value their opinions
- Encourage learning and growth
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work is normally performed in an office setting; regularly sits at a computer station and operates electronic equipment 6 to 8 hours per day; occasionally lifts, carries and positions objects weighing up to 35 pounds. Position may be asked to assist with other duties during events and outings, which would require employee to be physically active and supportive on site where cleanups and/or education activities occur. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
I Love A Clean San Diego provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, age, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, caregiver status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please send a cover letter briefly highlighting interest, qualifications, skills, resume and ONE article and/or blog as a writing sample to email@example.com with the subject Marketing Coordinator.