Media and Communication- Environmental Intern Needed!
I Love A Clean San Diego is passion in action. Help us inspire environmental action as we foster zero waste lifestyles and improve the health and beauty of San Diego County!
OUR MISSION: I Love A Clean San Diego leads and inspires our community to actively conserve and enhance the environment through example, outreach, and local involvement.
OUR VISION: A zero waste, litter-free, and environmentally engaged San Diego region.
Are you passionate about the environment and have an eye for design? I Love A Clean San Diego (ILACSD) is seeking an enthusiastic and creative Environmental Intern to join our dynamic team. The intern will have the opportunity to contribute and create presentations for our Waste Recovery Department. This opportunity is primarily focused on creating and revamping our Lunch and Learn presentations using Canva. The intern will have skill development opportunities in collaboration, graphic design, marketing, communications, and a variety of other areas. This internship provides hands-on experience, professional development, and exposure to nonprofit programming in the environmental sector.
This position is available for college students working toward course credit
DEPARTMENT: Waste Recovery
REPORTS TO: Sustainable System Specialist and Coordinator.
TYPE OF POSITION: Temporary Volunteer; Hybrid (In-person/virtually). This position is unpaid.
DURATION: This internship is project based, and can be worked around various schedules and availability. ILACSD is looking for a total commitment of at least 150 hours, at approximately 12-18 hours per week with more opportunities available as agreed upon.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Assist in the creation and design of adult environmentally-focused presentations and flyers.
• Support the Waste Recovery Department in creating content for social media, newsletters, and promotional materials.
• Assist in the execution of Green Business workshops, environmental education programs, cleanup events, and environmental outreach programs as interested/needed.
• Engage in team-building activities, workshops, and professional development opportunities.
• Collaborate with mentors to set and achieve project objectives, timelines, and deliverables.
• Embrace ILACSD’s values and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusivity in all activities and interactions with others.
• Basic graphic design skills (Canva, PowerPoint)
• Must have reliable access to email and respond to communications within 1-2 business days.
• Must be 18 years old or older by the beginning of your start date.
• Passion for environmental conservation and community engagement.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Working knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and/or willingness to learn new software and tools.
• Working knowledge and skills in Canva and PowerPoint
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and independently.
• Flexible and adaptable, with a positive attitude and eagerness to learn.
• Access to a computer/ laptop and internet or the ability to travel into the ILACSD office located in Kearny Mesa
I Love A Clean San Diego is a values-driven organization. It is essential all team members exhibit the following core values and office culture:
• Live the mission
• Inspire environmental change
• Value partnerships
• Exhibit positive attitude
• Communicate openly to ensure collaboration
• Understanding and supportive of each other and the team
• Respect others and value their opinions
• Encourage learning and growth
HOW TO APPLY: Please send resume, cover letter, availability (days/hours available) and example of graphic design work to Amy Unruh (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “Last Name, Environmental Intern.”