- This event has passed.
Join us at Alpine Branch Library for a morning of activities to help us all be more sustainable! Join us at 9 a.m. for a litter cleanup around the neighborhood, and/or 10 a.m. for a Swap Party and Fixit Clinic in the Library.
- 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. Watershed Warriors Alpine Community Cleanup (registration encouraged): We will be set-up with a check-in table and cleanup supplies at the Alpine Branch Library. Join us to grab supplies and help us clean up to protect the San Diego River watershed! After the cleanup, you can get service credit in your Community Hub dashboard. Learn more about this cleanup here!
- 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Clothing Swap: Update your wardrobe before the summer season and help divert textile waste from our local landfills! Bring your gently used clothing items to exchange them for other items at no cost. By participating in the swap you will be Helping to conserve natural resources Reducing the environmental footprint of producing new goods Building community. Learn more about Swap Parties here!
- 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. SD Fixit Clinic hosted by Zero Waste San Diego (registration strongly encouraged): Bring your broken, non-working items—electronics, appliances, computers, toys, bicycles, clothes, and more—for assessment, disassembly, and possible repair. We’ll provide workspace, specialty tools, and guidance to help you take apart and troubleshoot your item. Even if we can’t fix it, you’ll learn more about how it was made and how it works! Register here!
A few things to keep in mind:
- You can attend any or all of these activities – separate or together, whatever you have time and interest for! The cleanup will kick-off at 9 a.m. outside the library, and the Swap Party and Fixit Clinic will both be kicking off around 10 a.m. inside the library.
- We ask that you register for the Cleanup and for the Fixit Clinic, so we can be prepared with supplies, tools, and volunteer experts to help with breaking down broken appliances. You can register for each event by following the links above, or clicking “Register” below. We encourage you to bring some lightly used items for the Swap Party!